The Novel Coronavirus - Israel Ministry of Health
Mobile Phone Tracking Text Messages
Since Thursday June 02 2020, the Ministry of Health has been sending a large number of text messages, because the General Security Service ('Shabaq') restarted tracking mobile phones of COVID-19 cases.
As a result, the Ministry of Health Hotline *5400 has been receiving many phone calls – and this is why waiting time became very long, and some phone calls got disconnected. The Ministry of Health is currently working to improve the availability and quality of service as soon as possible.
The Ministry of Health stresses that anyone who received a text message must immediately enter isolation, until otherwise directed by another official notification.
The Ministry of Health makes use of highly advanced technological means at the State's disposal to expedite epidemiological investigations (contact tracing) of coronavirus cases. The Ministry forwards personal information of COVID-19 cases to the Service for a technological check and is given back information about individuals who had close contact with a confirmed patient in the 14 days prior to case diagnosis.
Update: July 09, 2020
To resume normal activities alongside COVID-19, adhere to the Ministry of Health guidelines:
- Wear a face mask when you leave home
- Practice hygiene
- Stay 2 meters from other individuals
- Avoid public spaces if you have fever or respiratory symptoms
- Follow the "Purple Badge" (Hebrew) guidelines at work and places of business
1. Contact with a confirmed patientIn case of fever 38C (100.4F) or higher, cough, trouble breathing, or other respiratory symptom within 14 days after close contact with a confirmed patient, call your HMO clinic or HMO Hotline (if you are not medically insured, contact the Ministry of Health Hotline at *5400). If it is an emergency, call MDA Emergency Services at 101 or go to a hospital emergency ward.Close contact is defined as being within approximately 2 meters (6 feet) of a COVID-19 case for more than 15 minutes.If you entered home isolation, you must report to the Ministry of Health.
2. International travelers
All international travelers must enter 14-day isolation.
Upon arrival at an airport in Israel, international travelers must be able to prove they can enter isolation at home or another available dwelling in full compliance with the isolation guidance.
If you are unable to comply with home isolation guidance, you will be sent to a state-sponsored motel for isolation.
3. People with fever and respiratory symptoms
All people with a temperature of 38 Celsius or more and respiratory symptoms (cough or shortness of breath) must stay home for two days after the fever has dropped, even if they did not arrive from abroad, or did not have contact with a confirmed patient.
Updated Regulations and Orders
All linked files are in Hebrew
The (Novel Coronavirus) Orders and Emergency Regulations for Limiting the Spread of the Novel Coronavirus
- Home Isolation and Miscellaneous Guidelines
- Hospital Isolation
- Isolation in a Designated Location on Behalf of the State
Restriction of Operation
- Restriction of Operation
- Restricted Area
- Administrative Closure Orders
- Restriction on the Operation of Educational Establishments
- Restricting the Number of Employees in the Workplace
- Guidelines for the Employer of a Home-Isolated Employee
- Medical Insurance and Designated Accommodations for Employees from the Area
- Women's Labor
Assistance from the General Security Service and Location Data
Students of Medicine and Nursing Wanted
We are currently seeking medical and nursing students (junior year min.) who would like to work for Health Bureau Epidemiological Investigations (contact tracing) Departments (COVID-19) across the country.
Between 40 and 120 hours per month; morning, evening or night shifts, weekdays or weekends.
The number of positions is limited.
To apply, please fill in the online form (Hebrew).